Tuesday, January 24, 2012

“Vienna is Different.”

That’s what Markus, one of the school directors said. And Vienna really is different, in some ways good some ways bad; the cons and pros will come along as my blogs develop.
Food: (I swear, this blog isn’t going to be flooded with food. ;P)
“Hot Dog” Vienna style. This baby—made from Vienna’s BEST hotdog stand in front of the Opera House--is a long crusty roll, poked into a thick pointed metal stick filled with ketchup and mustard and finished off with the grilled sausage that fills in the rest of the space in that bun. One bite satisfies my hunger and need for meat, which I haven’t had much of because Europeans consumes an over excess amount of carbs -____-“


When I hear “wiener schnitzel” I think of the American fast food hotdog stand. How come no one told me it wiener schnitzel is actually a delicious floured deep fried chicken/pork dish? Seriously, I had no frick`n idea what wiener schnitzel was until today!

I call this soup “Ramen soup” because the broth tastes like cup noodle with some slightly crunchy balls, it came with my order.



The wiener schnitzel itself reminds me of the Japanese katsu dishes you can get from L&L, except the recipe does not call for planko breadcrumbs. I know I know, this dish totally contradicts my statement that I haven’t consumed much meat…

No comments:

Post a Comment