Saturday, February 23, 2013

7 weeks

Wow! I haven't blogged for such a long (ever since I made it out of Europe all in one piece). I can't believe that just last year I was in Europe and now I'm back in Utah, and finally taking classes for my major. But I'll have to admit that's not really my focus for this year or purpose of this blog entry. This year, my focus is my physical self image. That's right, I'm talking about body fat (not weight, I repeat "BODY FAT"). If you must know, I currently weigh about 114 lbs, 28.5 in. waist, 33 in. hip, and 34.5 in. bust. I know, it's kind of selfish to have a goal for myself but I don't have kids yet and I want to say I was in pretty good shape at least once! 

At the end of my Europe trip I had weighed 123 lbs. Mostly because I put on so much weight having a staple diet of bread for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. (I was a really poor college student, note to readers and future study abroad students: If you're planning to go to Europe and want to  make the most of it make sure you're rich.) To my surprise, a few weeks of being back home and eating rice and loading with proteins and vegetables, I lost about 5 lbs, weighing about 117ish for a good summer. But it's NEVER been that easy to lose the extra flab I have on my body. 

The most frustrating part is No one believes me when I say I have flab :I 
They just think I'm another skinny girl. Sheesh, I wish I was just another skinny girl with a great metabolism! 

Well, I won't scare you all away by posting any "fat" pictures of myself... Yet. But I think eventually, when I have enough courage and less insecurity, I will. 

I've been working out!
That's right working out (other wise I wouldn't be blogging)! Last semester I took a weight training class, only working out 2 days week. However, since this school semester has started I decided I would implement at least an hour of workout to my schedule every weekday. Some weeks are rough, especially when there are midterms, but I started out with 3 weeks of HIIT. I'll be honest I barely made it through 30 minutes of HIIT training during those 3 weeks and I didn't see very much progress but ever since week 4 I've been implementing elliptical cardio circuits into my workouts, and I'm sure those 3 weeks of HIIT prepared me really well for fat loss. 

[7 weeks] of hard work.
They say it takes 21 days to make something a habit and I'm glad to say I'm going for my 8th week. For the first time in my lifeeeeeee I'm confident enough wear a strapless dress without bra support, not that I'll be wearing anything so naked around this town. (All ya'll who don't know, it ain't that easy to wear a strapless dress, shirt, bikini or anything with D cups.)






















20 years of age and I find myself in a lot of places but I still haven't found my physical self yet. 

I look at myself in the mirror and I still don't feel completely satisfied with how I look, so I tell myself, "That's not you Jeanny! That's just a mask on top of you, preventing you from being at your full potential." Although I feel like I'm not losing much fat, I know I'm slowly making healthy progress and I have a feeling I might just get what I want this year. 

Please comment if you have any tips :) 

Let's get fit together.


Love; Jeanny

PS, Dieting will have to be on another blog. 

2 comments:

  1. love this jeanny!!! i totally need to get back in shape also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanny, you're gorgeous just the way you are. I wouldn't think it possible for you to be even more gorgeous-er. ;-) Mike is one lucky guy. Keep up the hard work - exercise releases endorphins.

    ReplyDelete